Ancestry Review – Have you ever thought of who your great grandparents are? What do they look like? What did they use to do? Or maybe you belong to a super-rich family, not just in wealth but in the history of making the world. Well, lots of people are curious to find answers to these questions. And looking at today’s fast-evolving technology, Science has made it possible, thanks to Genealogy. You can discover your family’s roots and ancient connections by doing a simple DNA test.
There are many companies and labs that are working on this and one of them is called Ancestry. Today we are going to do Ancestry Review and see how they actually work and if it’s worth spending money on.
Ancestry is a DNA testing service that analyzes your DNA and integrates that data with your family tree. This data will help you build your family tree such as filling out missing information, birthplaces, and marriage records of long-lost relatives. It is a subscription-based service that gives you access to the Millions of Family Trees in their record to let you build your own.
Ancestry is an American genealogy company based in Lehi, Utah. Started back in 1983 as a family history magazine and book publisher. They have evolved over the decades to become one of the first testing companies to enter the growing home DNA testing market.
In 2012, AncestryDNA, became the company’s flagship service combining genetic and family history data. Today, it is the “global leader in family history and consumer genomics.” The company has provided genetic testing to over 20 million people, and stores records from over 80 countries of origin.
How do they do it?
AncestryDNA can tell about your family history, by just taking of small saliva sample. They transform your DNA testing into your ethnicity estimate.
You can easily purchase AncestryDNA online. They’ll send you a DNA kit that includes a sample tube, a pre-paid envelope to mail your sample, a unique activation code, and instructions for how it all works.
Once you receive your kit, you will also need an online Ancestry account if you don’t already have one. Each AncestryDNA test must be linked to a unique account—one for each test. The only exception tests for children and minors can be added to the account of a parent or legal guardian.
Once the activation code for your DNA test is entered into your Ancestry account, both are linked and your account will be where you manage it and view your DNA test results and DNA matches.
Genealogy is a part of a story that how you become you, from some genealogical research you can know about your Family history. Ancestry puts family history at your fingertips with the world’s largest online collection.
What is Family History?
Family history research is a journey to discover your special story. You can know about your ancestors, What did they look like? How did they lead you? This is what genealogy is. You can uncover your family history.
Family History and DNA
Genealogists find out about your relatives whom you don’t know before through DNA testing. They can also find out that, where your ancestors are around the world. This was a game-changer for genealogy.
In 2012, Ancestry set up the AncestryDNA autosomal DNA test kit, which can be an addition to what you have learned from the paper trail. AncestryDNA compares your test results with millions of other test takers so they can easily know about your relatives.
A Family Tree is a central key to genealogy research. They’re the initial point for understanding your family story. You can use them to stock, organize, and share what you find creating a detailed picture of your family history.
Know the world from the inside, buy DNA plans from Ancestry on monthly basis. Discover your family story with AncestryDNA Kit. Find your family history in millions of family trees and more than a billion birth, marriage, death, census, and military records.
A Gift Membership is a non-renewing membership. It was paid by only one person (The gift-giver) and used by someone else which gives the recipient access to Ancestry’s records and services for a period of time. Ancestry offers three variants of Gift Membership. The World Explorer plan is the most popular plan of all.
- U.S. Discovery: Let them explore their American roots with access to billions of records from all 50 states.
- World Explorer: Let your loved will be access to the U.S. and International family with access to billions of records from 80+ countries.
- All Access: Your loved ones can access all the records on Ancestry, plus military records on Fold3, and articles in Newspapers.
U.S. Discovery is for
$99 (6 months) OR $189 (12 months)
World Explorer is for
$149 (6 months) OR $299 (12 months)
All Access is for
$199 (6 months) OR $389 (12 months)
Ancestry Discounts and Subscriptions
The Ancestry offers discounts for Seniors, Students, First Responders, Healthcare workers, Nurses, Teachers, and Military Veterans Save up to 30%. Avail 10% OFF Sitewide discount at Ancestry with Coupon codes. You can avail All coupons from SavingSays.
Ancestry Teacher Discount (Free 6-Month Subscription)
Teacher Discount: Enjoy Exclusive Discount for Teachers (Free 6-Month Subscription).
World Explorer Student Plan From Only $4.99/month
Get World Explorer Student Plan From Only $4.99/month at Ancestry
Ancestry All Access Subscription
With all Access subscriptions, you have access to Ancestry world content, Fold3, and Newspapers Basics all with one subscription. If you want your free subscription, send an email to employeesubs(@)ancestry(.)com with your Ancestry username.
50% off Semi-Annual or Annual Subscription
You can use this coupon total of five friends or family members per year for one of the following discounted family history subscriptions. These discounts are for Employees and their Friends and Family.
Prices for Subcription
- Semi-Annual U.S. Discovery – $49.50 (reg. $99)
- Semi-Annual World Explorer – $74.50 (reg. $149)
- Annual U.S. Discovery – $94.50 (reg. $189)
- Annual World Explorer – $149.70 (reg. $299.40)
Note: Contractors and Interns are not eligible for Discounts
To claim your discount:
- Navigate to one of the links above.
- Log in or create an account.
- Enter your payment and address details.
- Click on Have a coupon?, enter your unique code, and click Redeem. Your price will then adjust to the price associated with the chosen subscription listed above.
$60 off AncestryDNA + Traits
The discounted price for AncestryDNA +Traits is $49 per kit (50% off a DNA kit with the Traits feature for free), + they offer free standard shipping. You can buy discounted kits anytime all over the year using your allocate employee discount code. Your unique discount code can be used up to 20 times annually.
AARP Member Discount
AARP members can now join Ancestry with an exclusive 30% OFF discount on a World Explorer or All Access membership for the first year.
What Services does Ancestry Provide?
Ancestry offer Wellness Program to help United Healthcare Members to identify and minimize their health risks. While taking a part in your choice of activities, you will earn up to $200 in gift cards every year. It’s a great way to keep your Ancestry family healthy and happy.
You can earn up to $200 gift cards by completing any of these procedures
- Biometric Screening: (Biometric screenings are your chance to get a picture of your health through a 15-minute examination. The screening includes a blood pressure check, height and weight measurement, and a lipid and glucose profile, which, among other things, can determine your risk for coronary heart disease)
- Health coaching
- Wellness challenges
- An online health risk assessment
Occasionally standard medical treatment isn’t enough. That’s why voluntary medical insurance comes in. It helps to protect you from crucial or unexpected out-of-pocket expenses. Mind that, these plans are intended to supplement a medical plan. They didn’t provide the minimum level of medical coverage to meet the healthcare reform requirement for medical insurance.
Ancestry offers three voluntary medical plans;
- Accident Insurance
Accident insurance supplements medical plans providing cash benefits if you are accidentally injured. You can use this money to help pay for uncovered medical expenses, such as your deductible or coinsurance, or ongoing living expenses, such as your mortgage or rent.
- Critical Illness Insurance
Critical illness insurance protects you from the financial effect of certain illnesses or diseases, such as heart attacks, and more. You receive an annuity benefit that you can use however you see fit.
- Hospital Indemnity
A hospital indemnity plan provides you a supplemental payment, you can use to cover expenses that your medical plan doesn’t cover for hospital stays.
Costs differ for voluntary medical based on coverage tier and coverage level. To view rates for these benefits please review the costs in Workday as you register.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Ancestry want’s you to stay happy and healthy because you are the family. When you participate in the United Healthcare plan of $1,500 and $2,000. You will have the opportunity to register in a personal savings account for your healthcare, called a Health Savings Account (HSA). You and Ancestry set aside tax-free money, which you can use to pay for medical, dental, and vision expenses. It’s a great way to save money.
|UHC HSA $1,500 Plan||UHC HSA $2,500 Plan|
Employee + Spouse/Partner
Employee + Children
To be eligible for an HSA, you must be enrolled in a high deductible health plan (HDHP) and you may not
- Have a Health Care FSA (including your spouse’s/domestic partner’s FSA)
- Claimed as a tax dependent
- Enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, or Tricare
- Register in any other medical plan that’s not a high deductible health plan (HDHP)
How the HSA Works
- First-time users should register at Optum Bank, After registering on it, you’ll be able to access your HSA through Myuhc
- You can change your contribution amount or stop contributing at any time.
- It’s like a bank account that you manage to pay for your healthcare expenses.
- You can use your HSA debit card to pay for eligible expenses or refund yourself for payments you’ve made (only money you’ve already contributed can be spent).
- Any unused money can be carried over each year and invested for the future, you can even take it with you if you leave your job or retire.
- Still gives you the option to contribute to a Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (LPFSA) for additional tax savings. Please note that LPFSA funds can only be used for dental and vision expenses.
- You will receive an email from Optum Bank that will ask you to confirm your identity/address before you can utilize the account. If you don’t confirm your identity/address timely, funds can be forfeited, and/or any Ancestry contributions will begin prospectively.
Keep lookin’ sharp with their vision plan. You’ll save money on eligible vision care expenses, such as eye exams, glasses, and contact lenses.
1 per 12 months
1 per 12 months
Contact Lens Fitting
Copay not to exceed $55
1 per 12 months
Retail allowance up to $175; 20% off any amount over
1 per 12 months
Contact Lenses (in lieu of frames and lenses)
Retail allowance up to $175
1 per 12 months
Vision plan also includes Easy Options which allows you to personalize your benefits. You may choose one of the following:
- Retail Frame Allowance of $250, or
- Elective Contacts Allowance of $250 (in lieu of glasses), or
- Anti-glare lenses covered in full, or
- Progressive lenses covered in full, or
- Light-reactive lenses covered in full
Check out most of your benefits and greater savings with a VSP network doctor. Your coverage with out-of-network providers will be less or you’ll receive a lower level of benefits.
Here are some examples of out-of-network vision costs:
- Exam: up to $30
- Frame: up to $85
- Single Vision Lenses: up to $25
- Lined Bifocal Lenses: up to $40
- Lined Trifocal Lenses: up to $55
- Progressive Lenses: up to $40
- Contacts: up to $140
Modern Health is a Global Digital Platform that shelters the full spectrum of mental well-being needs that can help to support you and your family with emotional health across all of life’s changing demands.
By registering with Modern Health, you and your dependents have access to:
- Private video sessions with a certified and trained coach.
- In-person or virtual therapy sessions.
- Unlimited texting with your coaches.
- A digital library of programs and meditations.
How to Register For Modern Health
Follow these simple steps, to start using Modern Health.
- Download the Modern Health app on the iOS App Store or Google Play, or visit the Modern Health registration site.
- Select “Using SSO?”
- Enter the Ancestry email address and choose “Send/Submit.”
- From the SSO dropdown select “Modern Health.”
- You are all set and ready to complete the well-being assessment.
Employee Assistance Program
Sometimes when you need a little help or advice and would like to speak with someone live in the moment. Their confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Optum can help you to provide your dependents with things like crisis support, stress, anxiety, depression, chemical dependency, relationship issues, child and eldercare support, legal issues, and financial counseling. and the best thing is it’s free.
Help is available 24/7, 365 days a year by telephone at 1-866-374-6061. Other resources are available online at Live And Work Well
In-person counseling may also be available, depending on the type of help you need. The program allows for your family/household members up to 5 visits face-to-face or via phone per issue each year.
As a United Healthcare member, Talkspace gives you 24/7 access to live audio, video, or in-app messaging, to thousands of licensed therapists.
Once you register with Talkspace, you can:
- Find a therapist using the online matching tool.
- Start therapy within hours of choosing a therapist.
- Receive daily responses.
- Schedule live video sessions (when needed).
- Download the Talkspace app.
Discover the meaning and the history behind your last name. Your last name always gives you a sense of identity and that’s can help you to discover who you are and where you from. With the world’s largest collection of online family history records, Ancestry helps you find the details of your family story. Explore millions of records on Ancestry.
Historical Records and Person Search
Discover your family history in millions of family trees and more than a billion birth, marriage, death, census, and military records. Enter your relative’s first and last name to find them in our person profiles and 11 billion historical records and start a free family tree online and they’ll do the searching for you. You’ll get hints when we find information about your relatives.
In 1896, the National Association of Colored Women, conducted by Mary Church Terell was formed to secure and enforce civil and political rights. The women’s suffrage movement produced the largest one-time increase in voters in American history. Discover the women in your family who lived to see this moment. Find your connection to the women who shaped history.
Socialize with Ancestry
You’ll need to visit SavingSays.com and search for Ancestry. After visiting the store page, you’ll be able to receive a 10% OFF Sitewide discount.
There are currently 10+ offers of Ancestry available at SavingSays. They are available 24*7 to be redeemed online.
The maximum saving from Ancestry is 30% OFF. You can proudly avail the deal from SavingSays.
There are many plans available at Ancestry, you can choose any of them according to your need. The highly recommended plan at Ancestry is the All Access plan for just $199 for 6 months.
As mentioned in Ancestry Review above, they offer 3 DNA Plans.
Ancestry offers 3 plans;
AncestryDNA is for $99
DNA + Family Tree Bundle is for $100
AncestryDNA Traits is for $119
Ans. They’ll send you a DNA kit that includes a sample tube, a pre-paid envelope to mail your sample, and a unique activation code. For More Information Check out the Ancestry review at Savingsays.
Ans. Yes, Ancestry offers free trials for only 14 days. Choose your membership to try, For more info view Ancestry Review at Savingsays.
Ans. You can cancel before 2 days. If you are registered for free trials. If you don’t cancel it at that time your paid subscription will start once your free trial period ends. View full Ancestry Review at Savingsays.